heppy.     

HOME ABOUT PORTFOLIO RESUME CONTACT
 
   BLOG //     ABOUT //

Name: ymmatammy
Home: Berkeley, California, United States
About Me: Currently a student at the University of California, Berkeley majoring in Economics. Soon-to-be graduate. Looking to take advantage of what time I have left before I get thrown into the real world--I want to take photos, travel and eat good food. I like to play tennis, design things, make things from scratch and cook.
See my complete profile

______________________________


RECENT POSTS //

______________________________


CURRENT READS
//



______________________________


FLICKR STREAM //
my flickr

______________________________


ARCHIVES //

January 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
April 2008
June 2008
July 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009

 

 

III Black Friday Business
     November 27, 2009 // 6:01 PM

So, this originally was suppose to be a post.. in which I post everything I wanted for Christmas. That was to be..:

1. A Panini Maker
2. Snowboard bindings (to complete my set!)
3. Boots
4. A keyboard cover for my Macbook

After this afternoon, sadly, all that's left on that list is my keyboard cover for my macbook...which probably won't stay on there for long considering it's only like 6 dollars on Amazon.. So how did this happen? Did Santa drop by early? No. I just decided to go crazy this Black Friday and join in all the craze.

It started with me deciding that I wanted to check out the Great Mall at midnight. Although I was super tired from the all the dark meat turkey I had, I was not going to miss out on awesome deals (at that time, which I didn't even know existed or not). So first stop was the Great Mall--I had no idea it had changed so much since I had been there. New Forever 21 FTW?! It's HUGE. And doubly as awesome. There was an insane amount of people and every store had lines getting into them. I honestly got way too close to some of those people at that mall. H&M was a horror show. They didn't decide to close it off until after I had gotten in there.. and it was just uncomfortable. Too bad I didn't find anything my size there. After meeting up with everyone, I decided I needed to do a clean sweep of F21 and bought some stuff. After that, my boots were purchased--No.3 check!

We went to Denny's after--where I experienced a horrible time with service. ALL I wanted was 2 strawberry lemonades to go. I waited in line--just to have an jerk cut in front of me to pay. And All I needed to order were two measly lemonades. As if that wasn't enough, he had created a line of his own. And the next person behind him had tried to pay even though I had said LOUD AND CLEAR "HI, CAN I GET---" Nope. No use. People in that line that had formed were even trying to pay saying they had cash. NO. EXCUSE ME? I yelled at them and told them I had been waiting forever and all I wanted was to get 2 stupid lemonades which at this point I didn't even care for anymore. To make it worse, when I finally did get them, they tasted like water. The syrup had run out. Of course, I went back in to complain about it. Worse experience ever. See if I ever go there again. It was 4 in the morning--you don't mess with people at 4 in the morning.

After that escapade, some of us had left for Target. And I just couldn't help it--$3 dollar appliances?! Are you kidding me? Who ISN'T going to get on that? We ran in when they opened the doors and well--we stuffed our cart full of those appliances. Everyone one of them. I am a proud owner of a new sandwich (okay, not quite panini but whatever, close enough) maker! No.1 check!

I finally got home at 6am after also buying some DVDs and scarves.. Fully satisfied with my purchases of the day. I went to bed and woke up at 2PM.

Oh--but it wasn't over yet. I went online after hearing some friends finally bought a snowboard. And I couldn't help but to sign onto SierraSnowboard.com and finding those $45 dollar bindings. No. 2 check!

I am definitely done spending money. It was insane. My parents tried waking me up at 9am to go shop at Macy's but I was out cold by then.

Complete satisfaction. Happy Thanksgiving ya'll.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home