heppy.     

HOME ABOUT PORTFOLIO RESUME CONTACT
 
   BLOG //     ABOUT //

Name: ymmatammy
Home: Berkeley, California, United States
About Me: Currently a student at the University of California, Berkeley majoring in Economics. Soon-to-be graduate. Looking to take advantage of what time I have left before I get thrown into the real world--I want to take photos, travel and eat good food. I like to play tennis, design things, make things from scratch and cook.
See my complete profile

______________________________


RECENT POSTS //

______________________________


CURRENT READS
//



______________________________


FLICKR STREAM //
my flickr

______________________________


ARCHIVES //

January 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
April 2008
June 2008
July 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009

 

 

III Another check, and some needs!
     July 27, 2009 // 8:26 PM

I don't really think I'm doing a very good job of making this whole college experience memorable. I think from now on, I will try harder. I need to make senior year amazing--just to make up for those other times that weren't as spectacular (and note-- I said spectacular not just okay, because it's just be quite alright so far). I think this summer has gone to prove that I'm trying to take advantage of this time. All this time before real life kicks in. And with that said, I've come to blog about another thing I've crossed out on the College Bucket List: camping!

Last.. last weekend about 8 of us decided to finally make camping happen and after a 50-some long thread on a facebook message titled "camping!" we finally made it to Folsom Lake. First and foremost---this place was HOT. Unbearably so. Coming from
Bay Area--spending the last few wonderful spring and summer months in this 60-70 degree weather--this was HORRIBLE. It was like I was dumped in a sauna. But alas, it was camping and you need to make sacrifices. The night we left to go, both cars left behind schedule, but our car had the privilege of getting lost.. many times and deciding that perhaps we should listen to the GPS. NEVER LISTEN TO THE GPS WHEN YOU HAVE GOOGLE MAPS. Seriously. Anyways, we reached a gate at about 10pm and oh boy, what do you know--it's chained up. We arrived at the wrong gate. And after 2 hours of turning and backtracking--we finally made it to the campsite. It was past midnight.



The next day we spent trying to do "camping things" like hiking and swimming. The later we did for over 4 hours in the lake because of the weather. There, we met some strange and intoxicated guys who were quite crude. Anyways, they were a good laugh for the time we were there. We tried to kill time by playing Taboo but that only lasted so long. We took showers in spigets (many times through out the day) not caring whether or not this water was even clean. Phil cooked us some steak and nightfall came. Of course, we had our Skyy and the drama afterwards we won't discuss.

But all in all, I would do it again--maybe not anywhere in central valley, but I would do it again. My suggestions are for Big Sur which I've been dying to go to for a while now.

Since then.. it's been work-internship-work-internship-too short of a weekend, and so on. This weekend I took a little bit of a breaker. I went to Oakland Chinatown to check out their 夜市 Night Market. It wasn't as great as I wished it would be, but I happened to see my sister there. I also went shopping for a bit to ease the stress and it worked! Although, today at work was hardly easy.

This weekend I'm planning to finally get something I've been needing for a year now--a laptop. Everyone knows my laptop is struggling hard to keep working. The battery is dead, the screen is broken on both ends and is probably about to fall off, and the left click button is dead--and has been dead for more than a year now. My choice of a new laptop? It's gotta be a 13" Macbook Pro. Oh baby.

I can't wait until my one and a half week summer starts--that is, after work and the internship is over.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Thu Jul 30, 09:28:00 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...
can i come next time?
hope to see you soon!
long live your laptop.

 

At Tue Aug 04, 02:21:00 AM PDT, Blogger K. James S. Jacob said...
i wish blogger had a "like" button. it'll be so much easier!

 

At Wed Aug 05, 10:47:00 PM PDT, Blogger George said...
i like how you said you did all this stuff, but you didn't include me. rude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home