heppy.     

HOME ABOUT PORTFOLIO RESUME CONTACT
 
   BLOG //     ABOUT //

Name: ymmatammy
Home: Berkeley, California, United States
About Me: Currently a student at the University of California, Berkeley majoring in Economics. Soon-to-be graduate. Looking to take advantage of what time I have left before I get thrown into the real world--I want to take photos, travel and eat good food. I like to play tennis, design things, make things from scratch and cook.
See my complete profile

______________________________


RECENT POSTS //

______________________________


CURRENT READS
//



______________________________


FLICKR STREAM //
my flickr

______________________________


ARCHIVES //

January 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
April 2008
June 2008
July 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009

 

 

III Excuse the mess
     November 26, 2008 // 7:58 AM

So I realized that I've neglected this blog time and time again and I think it's about time I show some loyalty. Anyways, I've been busy trying to think of a new layout and even then, it didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted it to, but I'm working on it. There will be some changes and stuff, but I must admit, I'm having a good time reliving my web-design, web-page making days. Those restless nights were so great. That feeling you get when you press "preview" and it FINALLY looks the way you want it to? Yeah. That feeling is good good good.

Anyways, Beijing is driving me crazy. I have about 25 more days here. Unbelievable. Everyday I think about how bad I want to go home, but I feel like I'm just going to be lost when I get home. It's weird really. I have gotten used to this place and have called it home for almost 6 months. I'm pretty knowledgeable about the city, where I should go if I want to go shopping, where the CBD is, where I can find yummy American food, where I can find good deals on everyday necessities. Also having my own room, as weird as it sounds, is going to make it weird for when I get back home. But don't get me wrong, I miss a billion things from back home. But as much as I feel like going home, I feel weird about leaving this place also. I've learned so much about Beijing, about its people, about their customs, habits, and so much more. It's been a successful study abroad experience, I think.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving for us Americans here in China. EAP has planned a huge feast for us at some German Hotel in the CBD that is serving an All-American Thanksgiving dinner buffett. Sounds delicious right? Well maybe not to someone who hasn't been without American food in a while. But to us, it's worth starving 2 days for. This feast we're having means we're going to get to the hotel right when it starts, and stay there until 9, when it's over. My stomach is growling right now just thinking about it. Anyways, 8am tomorrow!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home