heppy.     

HOME ABOUT PORTFOLIO RESUME CONTACT
 
   BLOG //     ABOUT //

Name: ymmatammy
Home: Berkeley, California, United States
About Me: Currently a student at the University of California, Berkeley majoring in Economics. Soon-to-be graduate. Looking to take advantage of what time I have left before I get thrown into the real world--I want to take photos, travel and eat good food. I like to play tennis, design things, make things from scratch and cook.
See my complete profile

______________________________


RECENT POSTS //

______________________________


CURRENT READS
//



______________________________


FLICKR STREAM //
my flickr

______________________________


ARCHIVES //

January 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
April 2008
June 2008
July 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009

 

 

III cheng zhi
     June 28, 2008 // 9:23 PM

So i'm really obsessed with this orange juice that they like to pretend is minute maid. it's basically just really sweet thin juice with just a little bit of pulp. It's delicious but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sick of it in about 3 days. I wrote in my journal for a little bit but what else will I spend my time doing? Beijing has been pretty nice so far. The weather isn't too hot, the mornings are usually really cool, as are the nights. It has rained a few times, but mostly drizzle. The only unfortunate time was when about 24 of us went to eat at some place about a 10 minute walk away and had to walk in the pouring rain to go back to Lanhui (the apartment I'm staying at).

Anyways, the apartment is really just.. okay. It's equivalent if not at the same level as a Best Western in the US, but it's manageable, as I didn't really expect much coming to China anyways. The beds are rock freaking hard, but it's okay. I can sleep, and that's all that matters I guess.

I'm sitting in the second floor internet cafe right now which is the only place I can get internet but then thats because I haven't ordered internet for my room yet. The days are starting to get busy, but I guess since we're gonna have 8-12 class everyday, I guess I have a lot of time to play during the school year.

Yesterday George and a few other people went to Dongwuyuan, which literally translated is the zoo, but across the street is a HUGE building of like 5 floors of just 7x7 insets selling bags, clothing, watches, sunglasses, and random stuff. It was pretty dizzying, especially when we got to the shoe section where I got a headache smelling all the fake leather. It was fun though. I got some bargained-down shelves to put in my closet in my apartment here.

I keep getting really excited about being in china and want to go to all the touristy areas and the shopping areas, but I don't think I realize that I have 6 months here. A lot of the other students studying abroad with EAP are Summer ILP students only. I've only met a few of the maybe 20 fall students. Personally, I think fall semester will be a lot funner because groups will be tighter and there will be some kind of consistency for a few months, instead of this short 6 week summer session where everyone is really trying to make the most of every minute and tiring themselves out, instead of sitting back and relaxing and taking in everything Beijing and China have to offer. I'm really excited to get out of Beijing as well, to see Yunnan and Hainan and Hebei and all these wonderful pretty places.

I'll post some pictures later once I get the chance. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home