heppy.     

HOME ABOUT PORTFOLIO RESUME CONTACT
 
   BLOG //     ABOUT //

Name: ymmatammy
Home: Berkeley, California, United States
About Me: Currently a student at the University of California, Berkeley majoring in Economics. Soon-to-be graduate. Looking to take advantage of what time I have left before I get thrown into the real world--I want to take photos, travel and eat good food. I like to play tennis, design things, make things from scratch and cook.
See my complete profile

______________________________


RECENT POSTS //

______________________________


CURRENT READS
//



______________________________


FLICKR STREAM //
my flickr

______________________________


ARCHIVES //

January 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
April 2008
June 2008
July 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009

 

 

III it's almost Friday
     July 12, 2007 // 11:33 AM

So last night I watched Harry Potter and the OOTP. It was.... OKAY. It wasn't really bad, I thought, but it wasn't fantastic either. I hardly remembered the book but what I did remember was that I didn't like it too much. The only notable part I remembered from the book is the fighting scene at the end. I also remembered how I hated Harry in OOTP cause he was so mean and angry all the time. He didn't seem much like it in the movie. This morning I looked on Sparknotes to remind myself what OOTP was about. Turns out they changed a lot.. Lines were given to other characters in the movie I guess for convenience and simplicity. The movie had nothing about Ron and Hermione becoming prefects and nothing about quidditch. I guess that stuff is really insignificant but it would've made it so all the movies had something in common (quidditch) and it'd show that the characters are getting older and have more authority now. Shrug. I hear it broke all kinds of records. Probably cause it was hyped up to be the darkest one yet. Sure was though. I thought Luna Lovegood was cute. :p

So yesterday at work I had a REALLLLY long day. A tedious job took up a good 7 hours of my time at work. Man. I hate having to use the copier and printer all the time. I feel like everyone is getting annoyed hearing it go off. And I'm also hogging it all the time. Shessh. Someone walks by and has a puzzled look on their face cause they see that it's printing a pile of 6 originals, 40 copies each. Not my fault. I gots ta use it.

This morning has been light on work though. I actually haven't done much besides refill the fridge with pop and open some mail. I realized today, that I'm going to be getting another 4 pay checks. That all sounds good and fun right? But to me, it sounds like I have to be working here another 4 weeks. I actually only have 3 weeks left here after this week is done though. I think I really deserve getting a new camera. I think I've basically decided on the Canon Powershot SD1000. It's cheaper than the SD750 but has nearly the same exact specs. The only difference is in their body. One looks quite nicer than the other, but I don't think I want to pay for prettiness. And besides. If I get the nicest one I believe is out there, there's nothing to upgrade to when I want a new one again (which no doubt will be in maybe another 5 years or something). Anyways, the SD1000 is the one on the right. The obviously less sleek and chic one. But The traditional look of the SD1000 is growing on me.. after looking at it a thousand or so times. I'll probably get the silver one shown instead of the one with the black circle. Who knows when I'll actually get it. I'm planning to at a time before I get my paycheck so it doesn't seem that drastic.

I'm reading HP and the Half Blood Prince at work during my spare time. My goal is to finish it before HP and the Deathly Hallows comes out. Who knows, I might actually make it. I don't think I want to buy the new book though. I'm hoping I can just borrow it from someone. I don't have the whole collection--just HBP--so I think getting the other one is kind useless considering at most I'll read it twice and it won't look pretty on my shelf with its past 6 predecessors, just one. Anyways. Back to reading!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Thu Jul 12, 09:26:00 PM PDT, Blogger Believer said...
My eyes hurt from trying to read stuff on this blog.

Cool layout, though. :)

-- Carl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home