heppy.     

HOME ABOUT PORTFOLIO RESUME CONTACT
 
   BLOG //     ABOUT //

Name: ymmatammy
Home: Berkeley, California, United States
About Me: Currently a student at the University of California, Berkeley majoring in Economics. Soon-to-be graduate. Looking to take advantage of what time I have left before I get thrown into the real world--I want to take photos, travel and eat good food. I like to play tennis, design things, make things from scratch and cook.
See my complete profile

______________________________


RECENT POSTS //

______________________________


CURRENT READS
//



______________________________


FLICKR STREAM //
my flickr

______________________________


ARCHIVES //

January 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
November 2007
December 2007
April 2008
June 2008
July 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009

 

 

III The best day of my entire teenage existence
     February 15, 2006 // 5:11 PM

.. And it happened to fall on Valentines Day!

I really can't get over how wonderful yesterday was. Although it felt like it as a whole week packed into one, and I was stressed out the whole time, I would never have traded it for anything.

The day before, I had been ticked off by a certain WAL-MART that had kept my pictures for 4 days, and had still not developed them. It ended up being a 5 day service for a 2 day price. I was angry, not only because I had left work quickly to go to pick them up, but because I also had a ton of things to do that night. When I got home, I had to do my Calc BC homework, and in addition, make 8 containers for Pump-Aid donation collecting. I also had to finish my present for my lovely Kevin. I surprisingly got to sleep by 2am. I was probably fortunate, as I would need some serious energy to get through the next day.

It started out with Kevin and I running to Wrencher's before the bell rang for first period. We attempted to drop off the Pump-Aid video to be run on the Trojan Lowdown, but it failed when he said that they could only play DVDs. We just HAD to get the DVD played that day. So I told Fran, and she lent me her car keys to get to Kevin's to burn the DVD in time for the annoucements. I told Castro, he understood and Kevin and I were off. We burnt the DVD in a mere 10 minutes, and got back quickly. And to cut it short, the SSR collection was successful as it ever could be. We raised over $500 in one day. That's almost 2 pumps, benefitting almost 1000 people. <3

Fran and I deposited the cash and then went to Albertson's to get a bear for Andy. Then it was time!

Jon, Dallis, Willis, Bjay and I took the light rail there and we ended up having to walk like 5 blocks in freezing weather to get there barely on time. Our seats were decent and the match was awesome. I think it was the closest match in first rounds @ the SAP that I've seen Andy play. The whole time, I was devising a plan to get down to Andy and give him the bear. I had sewn a tennis ball on his hand (when I was on the light rail might I add) and a card on his body. It looked just as I had imagined. Andy beat Garcia-Lopez 6-3/ 6-4 and I was off with Dallis to get down to Andy.

Surprisingly, my plan of attack worked and I got down to Andy. I had two choices: go to the crowded area where I knew Andy would go to, or go to a small area near it where just 2 people were standing. I chose the less crowded area and I won. I was the second person to get something signed. I said, "Andy! This is for you!" handing him the bear. He took it and laughed, saying "thanks!" He then took my shirt and signed it graciously. Oh how I was in heaven. As he exited the stadium, he held his bags like normal, and his towel on his shoulder. But in one of this hands, he held my bear. I thought afterwards, how was he to sign other autographs on the other side while hold my bear in his arm? But I was reassured that he did so when I saw on Yahoo the top of my dear bear's head. :]


He's looking down at short little me with the yellow jacket, believe it or not.


After the Andy experience, I could not have been happier. We left the stadium around 11 after James Blake lost his match. We ended up waiting at light rail stations in the freezing wind for soooo long trying to find a train back that could take us to Great Mall where we parked. After a bunch of complications, I finally arrived home around 12, with math and FHAO homework to do.

I didn't care. I was so happy! I didn't sleep until 2:30ish and was tired as hell today. That is all. I'll have more pictures some other time hopefully! :]

Thanks to Jon and Dallis for taking all the pictures :D

1 Comments:

At Tue Feb 21, 11:52:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm very happy to find out that you had such a great Valentine's Day. I know I'm a week late but... well... yeah, so what? >.>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home